This website is operated by MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LTD. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LTD. MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LTD offers this website, including all information, tools, and Services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies, and notices stated here.
Collection And Use Of Personal Information
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect and process your personal data (also known as personal information) in order to provide better services to you. The information we collect, and how that information is used, depends on the information you provide, the information you allow us to collect, how you use our services, and how you manage your privacy controls
Why We Collect Personal Information
MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LTD generally only collects personal information that is necessary for you to enjoy our services. Where additional, optional information is sought, we shall notify you of this at the point of collection.
We are permitted under law to process personal data under the following conditions: –
- Legal obligation: to fulfill legal obligations to capture information for the purpose of providing information to any public body or law enforcement agency;
- Legitimate interests: where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business to do so in order to further that business, so long as it does not outweigh your interests. Examples of legitimate interest include;
- To offer information and/or services to individuals who visit our website.
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity and to safeguard our IT systems.
- To conduct, and analyze, our marketing activities.
- To meet our corporate and social responsibility obligations.
- To exercise our fundamental rights including our freedom to conduct a business and right to property.
3. Client/Customer consent: where we have obtained your consent to process their data in a particular way.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use and analyze your Personal information for the following reasons:
- Processing products and services that you may have requested, bought, or interacted with from MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LTD various channels;
- Responding to any of your queries or concerns;
- Keeping you generally informed about new products and services, offers, or promotions;
- To comply with any legal, governmental, or regulatory requirement or for use by our lawyers in connection with any legal proceedings;
- In business practices including quality control, training, and ensuring effective systems operations;
- To understand how you use our products and services for purposes of developing or improving our products and services;
- For research, statistical, survey, and other scientific or business purposes;
- Provide aggregated data (which do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual) to third parties for research and scientific purpose;
- To administer any of our online platforms/websites.
Lawful Basis For Processing Of Your Personal Information
We process your personal information based on any of the lawful basis provided for under the Data Protection Laws including.
- The performance of a Product/Service Agreement with you;
- Our legitimate business interests;
- Compliance with a mandatory legal obligation;
- With your express and implied consent;
- Public interest;
- Your vital interest.
Retention Of Personal Information
MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LIMITED will only retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, the need to comply with our internal policies and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
Any disclosure of your information shall be in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LTD shall assess and review each application for information and may decline to grant such information to the requesting party.
Grounds For Disclosure Of Personal Information
We may disclose your information to our subsidiaries, associates, partners, software developers, or agents who are involved in delivering MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LTD’s products and services you use.
We shall not release any personal information to any individual or entity that is acting beyond its legal mandate. We are obliged to get your express consent before we share your personal data and information with any third party for direct marketing purposes.
You may be required to opt-in or give any other form of explicit consent before receiving marketing messages from us.
You may opt out of such direct marketing by sending us a request to stop sending you direct marketing messages at any time by writing to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding And Protection Of Personal Information
MIDEVA VENTURE LABS LTD has put in place strict technical and operational measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, accidental loss, or destruction.
Customer/ Client/Consumer Rights
Subject to legal exceptions, you have secured rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include;
- The right to be informed that we are collecting personal data about you;
- The right to access personal data that we hold about you and request for information about how we process it;
- The right to request that we correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request that we erase your personal data noting that we may continue to retain your information if obligated by the law or entitled to do so;
- The right to object and withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. However, we may continue to process your personal data if we have a legitimate or legal reason to do so;
- The right to request restricted processing of your personal data noting that we may be entitled or legally obligated to continue processing your data and reasonably refuse your request;
- The right to request transfer of your personal data in [an electronic format].
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Right To Lodge Complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority that is tasked with personal data protection within the Republic of Kenya
Amendments To This Policy
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, or amend any portion of these Policies at any time by posting a notification on MIDEVA VENTURE LAB’s Web Site or otherwise communicating the notification to you. The changes will become effective and shall be deemed accepted by you, after the initial posting and shall apply on a going-forward basis after the posting date. In the event that you do not agree with any such modification, your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate your use of the Service.
In the event that any provision of this Policy is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from this Policy, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Kenya.
Policy Effective Date
1st January 2023