As a Collective we are powered by collaboration. We apply research, creativity, strategy, design and data to imagine and build products, programs, services, experiences and businesses that address modern day challenges, and that help people, organizations and societies realize the future in impactful ways.
Since our establishment in 2019, we have been grounded in ensuring our approaches create innovative, sustainable and impactful solutions for the partners and communities that we serve.
Our members come from diverse fields, backgrounds and nationalities and with unique lived experience. We connect over shared interests, initiatives, passion and desire for impact in Africa.
Within The Collective, you will meet members with experience and expertise in:
- Research and Human-Centered Design
- Product & Service Design
- Business and Strategy Design
- Program Design and Management
- Project Operations and Management
- Visual and Communications Design
- Innovation and Strategy Facilitation
- Behavioural Design
- Data Science
- Gender-Lens Design
- Value Chain Mapping and Analysis
- Social Behavioral Change
- Climate Strategy Design
Our expertise bring decades of experience in a variety of sectors such as:
- Education and learning
- Digital economy and transformation
- Food systems
- Green energy
- Public Healthcare
- Wellbeing and Community
- Tecnology and Innovation
- Youth empowerment and employment
- Sustainable planet and climate change
- Financial Inclusion
We operate as a Collective of skilled individual consultants (from junior to senior) with domain and sector expertise, and lived experience. We come together as interdisciplinary teams, supported by The Collective leadership, to deliver impact in new and meaningful ways.
Our consultants live around the globe, with the majority spread across Africa. They bring unique perspectives, thoughtful networks, and passion for creating change, by leveraging their expertise, experience and the power of community and collaboration.
We are a carefully-curated network of consultants, looking to create impact through thoughtful collaboration. The Collective has a core full-time team and distributed consultants.
As a consultant in The Collective, you will:
- Have access to opportunities and projects that align with your interest, expertise and experience
- Have access to other consultants and our global community of talent, enabling you collaborate with others for your projects
- Have the opportunity to collaborate with others to work on Initiatives (projects Initiated by The Collective and its members). The Initiatives are an opportunity for you to deepen your impact, develop and practice skills, build networks and collaborate with communities in unique ways)
- Receive operational and technical support (through our shared practice) to help you manage your projects and work better, to deliver value to your clients
- Have access to thought leadership support, learning opportunities, sharing opportunities, and curated events and gatherings
- Have the opportunity to continuously co-design The Collective, so as to stay true to our vision
Consultants in The Collective bring diverse perspectives to our work, but are aligned with our shared vision.
The Collective is for consultants;
- Keen to work on social impact projects
- With experience in our areas of work
- Keen to collaborate with others in meaningful ways
- Keen to invest and work collaboratively on initiatives that address pressing challenges in our societies and communities
- Keen to leverage design and other approaches to bring to life viable, sustainable and regenerative solutions
- Keen to give back, mentor, share learnings and experiences with others
- Keen to have flexibility in their work
Whether you are transitioning careers or jobs, or prefer to work as an individual consultant, or would like to collaborate with others, The Collective is just for you.
Interested to join The Collective?
Start here. The Collective core team will reach out to you to start the process.