DESIGN YOUR FUTURE
Creating a Future-Ready Workforce and Entrepreneurs
DIVERSE STUDENT AND GRADUATE TEAMS WORK TOGETHER IN DESIGNING SOLUTIONS TO SPECIFIC OR IDENTIFIED CHALLENGES WITH SUPPORT OF LOCAL BUSINESSES AND COMMUNITIES. IN THE PROCESS, LEARNERS AND GRADUATES ARE ABLE TO GAIN REAL-WORLD WORK EXPERIENCE MAKING THEM WORKFORCE READY AND ENTREPRENEURS.
Let's face it, students in higher learning institutions find it difficult accessing opportunities that will better prepare them for the job market while still in school. On the other hand, Many organizations still struggle getting the right match of young talent to join their teams.
In Kenya alone, about 300,000 graduates enter the job market each year with less than 10% guaranteed of jobs. Over 50% of the graduates feel they are not prepared for the next phase of life. A prior project/work experience is often required, even for entry-level jobs from employers.
Companies are increasingly looking for ways of cutting costs associated with recruitment and talent development. A disconnect between the learners and the local community is limiting innovation, collaboration and development. Learners are increasingly looking for opportunities to create impact, engage with each other and gain practical and life skills.
The Solve4Work club seeks to fill this gap
We create viable transition from school to the job market for learners by providing a platform where learners can gain real world experiences, collaborate with each other, get connected to the industry and create social impact in their communities.
The Solve4Work club seek to prepare learners to be “future-ready” both for the labor market and entrepreneurship. We are a trusted platform where students from diverse fields work together to solve real local challenges, with guidance and partnership of the local communities, local organizations/businesses and mentorship from industry experts.
Our goals are to:
- Enable students gain real-world experience by collaboratively tackling real local challenges and designing solutions that have social impact.
- Be a link between the learners, the industry and the local communities
- Spark collaboration among students from different fields and schools, something which is not being done at the moment.
- Equip learners with 21st century skills and have them experience a glimpse inside a company’s culture and innovation process.
For companies, we are connecting you with motivated, smart, innovative, talented and well-trained students who are your future talent.
For local communities, we are sparking innovation, development and impact, by connecting you with learners and businesses.
We partner with local organizations to drive collaboration, innovation and impact around the world’s toughest problems, through launching challenges, programs and other tailored experiences.
- Ideally organizations would submit challenge areas that they seeking innovations on.Working with them, we formulate a challenge guide which outlines the criteria, expectations and outcome.
- Organizations are then invited to pitch the challenges before the club members
- Club members form teams to tackle the desired challenge based on interest, skillset
- Teams tackle the challenges using the design Thinking approach with resource support from the faculty, the industry expert and the community.
- A demo day where all prototypes are presented by teams before the businesses or management teams. Feedback is provided
- Transition stage where the top ideas/prototypes proceed to full adoption by the sponsoring organization. The students are awarded internships or job placements to fully work on some of the ideas.
Work + Recruitment
Retail + Commerce
Join our Solve4Work Club
Whether you’re looking for opportunities that will enable you further develop and test your skills or looking to work with a team of passionate individuals on projects or causes you care about, the Solve4Work club is the place for you.
Our diverse teams is made up of designers, engineers, entrepreneurs, growth-hackers, industry consultants, design thinking experts, thinkers, graduates from accross fields and innovators who are working collaboratively to design solutions for the biggest local and global challenges.
Whether you are working in health, agriculture, technology, transport or any other field, join our club to connect with people passionate about making their communities better places to live, work and play.